Inspirational quotes have an amazing effect of reigniting the lost passion and emotions. Talking of dreams, they are just dreams unless they are acted upon, not until you take action to bring them to reality, they remain futile.
A lot of people fail to prosper because they are too busy dreaming in their sleep rather than chasing their dreams in life.
The world doesn’t see what you think, they see what you do. Your dreams are beautiful when you think of them, when you are lost in awe of how beautiful the results will be.
However, materializing them might not be as easy as you think of them. Everyone has the ability to dream, but the willingness to chase the dream isn’t proportional.
It’s easy to come up with excuses and good reasons why you think you can’t achieve your dreams. However, we all have the power to make little choices that can change the course of our lives forever, not only our lives, but the society too.
If you keep doubting yourself and the potential of achieving your dreams, look at successful people like Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Malala Yousafzai, Steve Jobs and more whose little choices haven’t only made a great impact in their own life but the world as a whole. The little choice you make today may not only influence your own life,it might be the salvation for someone else tomorrow. So what’s stopping you?
Motivation is the backbone of success, it’s easy to dream and plan, but to follow through you need motivation. This post has been well curated to give you the charge you need to fulfill your dream. Read it through and let it serve as a source of inspiration, to motivate you to go after your dreams.
Top inspirational quotes on dreams that will make you motivated to pursue your dreams
Here is a list of hand-picked inspirational quotes on chasing your dreams, let’s dive in!
- It doesn’t matter what you are thinking, or what fear you have, if you just do it! Action is the only thing that matters.. .I can see that at the end of my life, I am not going to look back and say, “I wish I had taken more action”. – Diana von Welanetz Wentworth
- Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.- Napoleon Hill
- Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance.- Dr. Samuel Johnson
- The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur. – Vince Lombardi
- Don’t you get it? This very second you could be doing something you love and dream about doing. So do it! NOW!
- When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.
- People with goals succeed because they know where they are going.- Earl Nightingale
- The habit of persistence is the habit of victory. – Herbert Kaufman
- If we are to achieve results never before accomplished, we must expect to employ methods never before attempted. – Francis Bacon
- To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will. – Sugar Ray Robinson
- Your ideas are like diamonds.. .without the refining process, they are just a dirty rock, but by cutting away the impurities, they become priceless. – Paul Kearly
- The fastest way to pass your own expectations is to add passion to your labor. – Mike Litman
- Good things come to those who hustle while they wait.
- Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached their goal, while others obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before. – Herodotusv
- We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough. – Helen Keller
- If you think you can or if you think you can’t, either way you are right. – Anthony Robbins
- To change bad habits, we must study the habits of successful role models. – Jack Canfield
- He who dares, wins.- Winston Churchill
- Without ambition no conquests are made, and no business created.
- Ambition is the root of all achievement. – James Champy
- Dreamers look into the future and see promise. Those who do not dream only see the future. – D. Elder
- Approach the start of each day with something in mind and end the day with one word..DONE.
- If you have a burning desire and a plan to take action, there is absolutely nothing you cannot achieve. -Thomas J. Vilord
- Don’t limit your challenges; challenge your limits.
- The size of your success depends on the depth of your desire.
- Success is the prize for those who stand true to their ideas. – John S. Hinds
- It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get back up. – Vince Lombardi
- You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you do not try. – Beverly Sills
- Ideas are a dime a dozen, they are worthless, but people who put their ideas into action are priceless.
- Life is short. Focus from this day forward on making a difference. Money never starts an idea; it’s the idea that starts the money. – Mark Victor Hansen
- People are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are not willing to improve themselves. That is why they remain bound. – James Allen
- Concentrated thoughts produce desired results. – Zig Ziglar
- The achievement of one goal should be the starting point of another. – Alexander Graham Bell.
- Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. – T.S. Eliot
I’m glad you came this far, now that you’ve decided to follow your dreams, I want to know that every success comes with it’s own up’s and down’s, there are times when you will experience limits, they are meant to be overcome, you should learn how to overcome limits and be disciplined. It’s easy to give up, you need discipline to achieve success.
If you found inspiration in this quotes, comment below which one resonate with you most… and don’t forget to share with people you desire that they chase their dreams too.
Have you ever noticed how excessive regret affects what you do and say? It’s human nature to want to go back and fix things or change things that we regret. However, most times the deed has been done and what is better in that moment is to learn how to deal with regret in a way that will make you feel better.
Looking back at some of the most painful moments of my life, I see myself filled with shame, feeling sorry and wishing they never happened. Rough times come and some things don’t just turn out the way we wanted, you might be feeling sorry for what you have done or haven’t been able to do, it’s okay to feel sorry, there is no such thing as a life without regret.
Regret is both a feeling and a pattern of thinking where one constantly replay or thinks and blames oneself about an event or situations that have taken place or actions that have been taken.
Regret can become a painful burden that interferes with your peace of mind, cause unhappiness and an unproductive moment if you don’t learn how to deal with them. In this post, I aim to share with you practical ways to deal with regret and overcome it.
8 ways to deal with regret
- Identify and acknowledge what you feel
The first step towards dealing with regrets is acknowledging your feelings, these may be different from person to person, feelings of regret include sadness, remorse, shame, anger etc.
Regretting a past deed leave you feeling defeated and hopeless, it leads to anxiety and worry that might affect your future decisions that you might regret later.
Many people deny their emotions which makes it take longer for them to overcome it when you choose to acknowledge your emotions, it helps you think of strategies you could use to overcome it, remember that a problem known is half-solved, when you acknowledge your emotions, you are a step closer to getting over it.
- Accept responsibility
I’ve met many people who want to be perfect, they don’t accept responsibility, they push blame around, they tend to hold unto pain much longer because they aren’t willing to accept the simple fact that humans are imperfect.
If you did something right or wrong, accept responsibility for what you did so also the consequences. I’ve seen people done that and when the consequences of their action comes, they aren’t afraid, they simply accept responsibility and move on without regret.
It’s okay to be an imperfect person because that’s what we all are, after accepting responsibility, forgive yourself. We all make mistakes, but they aren’t permanent. Whatever situation you find yourself isn’t permanent, you might have done something you are ashamed of right now, that’s not the end of life, if you wronged someone, muster up courage, walk up to the person and apologize, forgive yourself and move on.
If it’s the past you are still regretting, check if there is something you can do to change how you think and feel about the situation, reevaluate your current choices, make peace with the situation by accepting that it has happened and move on. You can’t rewind time, just live the moment.
- Don’t wrongly judge yourself
It’s easier to start judging yourself for mistakes you’ve committed, but sometimes you can’t just put all the blame on yourself, if you weren’t the sole cause of the problem.
Many people drown in regret and take full responsibility of issues they didn’t solely cause, they don’t take into consideration other factors that contributed to the problem, by doing this they add to their emotional pain.
- Confide in right people
Sharing your problem with others is a way to lift the burden off your mind and finding a solution to your problem. It could be your loved ones, mentor, personal development coach, or a therapist. Don’t just drown in your problems, spit it out and let people help you out.
- Learn and apply your lesson
Regret can be productive, it also can be an important tool for the future, recognizing your mistakes and lesson you could learn from them leaves you in a position better off in the future, try to look for the lessons and recognize that learning from the current situation makes you wiser, having this knowledge decreases the chance of making a similar choice in the future, do apply what you have learnt.
- Give it some time
To cope effectively and to overcome regret, give it some time, take your mind off it, spend more time with those who make you happy. A happy relationship is like a drug, it heals a broken soul.
Take your mind off the problem purposely either by meditating or going out, just avoid sitting alone and ruminating on your problems, let your emotions naturally work themselves out, make sure not to force them.
- Turn regret into gratitude
Change regrets into gratitude, you might be thinking in terms of the following statements: “ I should have…” “I could have…” Change these into “I am grateful I can now…” When you do this, you’ll think about the past differently, and start to see the situation in a positive light.
A quick review of how to deal with regret.
- Identify and acknowledge what you feel.
- Accept responsibility.
- Do not wrongly judge yourself.
- Confide in right people
- Turn regret into gratitude
- Learn and apply your lessons
- Give it some time
Life is living, live the moment. Regret is inevitable, you should learn to live productively with it. Regretting productively is a choice, you either choose to drown in regret over what is gone or use this moment to create a new life.
What are you going to do?
Habits are routine of behavior that are formed as a result of repeated actions, they are inculcated overtime. To be efficient it is a good thing to develop habits that will help improve your productivity.
In order to increase efficiency, we learn to inculcate right habits to boost productivity as these become part of us over time, and we move from being busy to being efficient.
Most times as a result of doing things over and over again, we don’t think much before doing them again. When we make the wrong habits our default habits, it has a direct effect how how we operate. The good news is that you can unlearn a bad habit.
Time is one of the most essential and invaluable luxury we get for free, we don’t buy it, but we own it. It’s priceless and that’s what makes it invaluable. Every human being on this planet get twenty-four hours per day and obviously we are more productive than one another.
In this post you will learn a few helpful tips on how to save time and boost your productivity.
GENIUS HABITS TO BOOST PRODUCTIVITY:
- Morning hurdles
One way to really get started in your day and ensure you save most of your time is to plan your day when you wake up. Cultivating the habit of planning your day, your tasks and organizing them in a to-do list is one way to save enormous amount of time.
Personally, when I do this I enjoy my day because it saves me the stress of thinking “What am I going to do next?”.
Spending the first few minutes of your day when you wake up is a proven strategy highly efficient people use to boost their productivity. I enjoy doing this a lot, just try it once and bet you will enjoy it too.
- Reduce your total working time
Work expands to fill the amount of time available,this is according to the famous Parkinson’s law.
In the 1950’s a man named Cyril Parkinson developed a theory that changed the way we manage time.His idea which he named the Parkinson’s law affected all kinds of administrative operations all around the world.
Let’s say you have to work on a project that isn’t suppose to take more than two weeks, without a deadline you will probably spend more time because you have extra time available.
However, let’s consider a scenario where you are given only two weeks to work on the project, within that space of time you will be more motivated to work harder because of the limited time you have as against the time where there is no deadline.
Extra time delays productivity, it usually allows work take longer time than usual because there is time. Reducing your total work time is an amazing way in which you can boost your productivity.
- Organize your stuffs
Are you in the habit of always scrambling around looking for your keys or a certain thing early in the morning when leaving for work or school( I was once guilty of this,lol!)
You know that feeling especially when you have an important stuff to catch up with , this is literarily a time waster, here is a proposed solution a way I’ve been able to change the habit.
Find a specific place to keep all your important stuffs, maybe in a corner of your room or on your desk where you can easily recover them whenever you need them, what’s really important here is consistency, always make sure to return them there when you are done with them.
- Desolve clutter
A cluttered work area or home is one of the most effective productivity killer, clutter isn’t just messy to look at, it’s also a major disturber when you are trying to be productive.
It causes distraction by creating neural competition which naturally grabs your attention and pulls it away from your work, this ruins concentration and takes it significantly longer for you to get a job done.
So just spend a few minutes of your day organizing your home/work area and in that way when you sit down to work you can be as productive and efficient as possible.
- Track your chores
Tracking chores by listing them either by writing them down or just taking note of them mentally and marking them each time you complete a tasks helps you lift off the burden of having to decide each time you complete a task the next thing to do.
This also gives you a sense of fulfillment that motivates you to complete another and another, before you know it you would have finished all the tasks on the list.
- Internet restriction
The internet is a big place with lots of interesting things and we could easily spend the whole day surfing through without getting tired.
The internet is full of information, entertaining stuffs, lots of useful videos, movies, games and helpful articles like the one you are reading right now.
With all these available to you at your finger tip, it’s really easy to be caught up in the trend, lose track of time and forget all about the important things you are to do because your brain is jumping from one short term reward to the next.
Time supposed to be spent doing something worthwhile shouldn’t be used unproductively which is why it’s important to cultivate a habit of disciplining yourself on the amount of time you want to spend behind the screen surfing, this way you create time needed to focus on the important tasks.
- Do follow-up when you outsource tasks
Any time you delegate a tasks to someone else, get in the habit of doing a follow up, whether it’s an email or phone call, just take some time to confirm whatever it is you just talked about, do this to save yourself a lot of time in the future.
Imagine you just outsourced a task and you told them to get it done by tuesday and they thought friday , and when tuesday rose around the task isn’t even anywhere close to finish, suddenly you have to delegate a big amount of time to the project all because of a simple misunderstanding, to spare yourself from future stress, just dedicate a few minutes in the day to send a follow up.
- Tackle immediate issues
It’s better off to tackle tasks immediately than to procrastinate, putting it off for the later time simply clutter your day with random busy works, which later becomes pressure on you.
If it’s something you can do immediately just do it, immediate action is almost always the efficient strategy, that way you have one less thing to worry about as the day goes on.
- Do errands in batches
Let’s say you want to withdraw from the ATM, go to the grocery store and the book store all located in a street, it won’t make sense for you to go to the ATM first, go back home and the go back to the grocery store, not only will you waste time, you will waste effort and incur extra costs too. Instead schedule the three to a particular time when you will be able to complete them at once easily, this strategy takes less time and free up your day to do other productive things.
Summary on habits to boost productivity
What are the habits that boost productivity?
Breaking tasks into smaller chunks.
Focusing on the most important task
Staying away from distractions and working in a distraction free area.
Let me know which one you’ve been implementing and which you will add to the list using the comment section below.
If you found value in this post, you might want to learn trick on how to stop being lazy and unlock the key to boost your productivity.
Don’t forget to share this post!